WordPress Accounting Website Design
You want to impress visitors to your website, and while not having a website can be detrimental to your business, having a poorly-designed website may do damage to your company name before you’re even hired. Therefore, you want to carefully choose who you hire to create the “face” of your accounting firm.
With our varied client base here at WDWY, we have had the opportunity to work with a number of accountants and bookkeepers. With our years of proven experience, we’ve formulated an essential design element checklist for an effective accounting and bookkeeping website.
There is both an art and a science to designing a website, and we at Web Designs Your Way employ both aspects as we design your accounting website so that you will be able to answer a hearty “yes!” to all of the following questions:
Characteristics of an Effective Accounting Website
- Easily accessible company information – Is information about your company easy to find? Are your services clearly outlined?
- Easy site navigation – Can site visitors easily navigate your website and find quick answers to their questions?
- Well-written content – Is your content up-to-date and engaging? To properly engage a potential client, it’s important to make your content engaging while avoiding jargon or accounting lingo.
- Call-to-action prompts – A call-to-action prompt is a way to tell the user to take some specified action, usually with a button or hyperlink saying, “Find Out More,” or “Contact Us.” Does your current website move visitors toward specific, easy-to-access ways to contact you? Are they given one-click phone, email, and social media links to your company? If not, why not?
- Secure – Are your clients assured that their data and contact information is only going to you?
- Time-sensitive – Do clients get an immediate email response to inquiries, letting them know that you received their request and will respond?
- Mobile-friendly design – Is your website mobile-friendly on a variety of devices?
- Social media links – Does your website include social media links so that your business is simple to find and easy to share with others?
- Specialized tools – Does your website offer tools that set you apart, such as a price quote generator?
- Optimized speed – Is your website working at optimal speed? Improperly-sized pictures or large data files slow down your website, and the average web visitor will only stay on a slow website for about six seconds before moving on.
Make Your Website as Effective as Your Accounting
Understanding what your clients expect is pivotal in designing your website. We can help you improve your online presence with the following options:
Utilize a CRM autoresponder in conjunction with your contact form to prevent any clients from slipping through the cracks. You can be confident in knowing you'll never miss a contact form submission.
If you work with any other companies or offer any other services yourself, make it known! If people are already on your website for one of your services, make it worth their while to stay and look around.
One of the most important aspects of your accounting website is showcasing a list of already existing clients. Include testimonials and integrate any positive client feedback so as to 'sell yourself' to potential clients.
Improve your credibility with blogs about updates within the community or within your business. Keeping blogs recent is important in demonstrating that you are up to date with any and all current accounting practices.
Put Your Business's Best Foot Forward
If you don’t yet have a website, let Web Designs Your Way create one for you that will tick all the boxes above, and will give your accounting company the well-designed website that will help take your business to the next level.
If you do have an existing website and can’t answer “yes” to all of the above questions, it might be time for a website redesign. Call Evelyn today at 480-656-6059 or send us a message through our contact form and let us show you how our affordable packages can transform your current tired website into one that will help turn visitors into clients!